Thursday, July 2, 2020

An Introduction

An Introduction 

 

Hello!  My name is Chris Chan.  I’m a writer and educator from Wisconsin, and this is my blog.  

 

I’m a historian and information scientist with interests in the history of crime and punishment, intellectual history, history as/in literature, mass consumption, the history of Milwaukee, the history of science, and Chinese-American history.

 

I’m also a huge fan of Golden Age mystery fiction, and I contribute to the scholarship and fandom of some famous authors.  

 

As for my work, I’m a researcher and “International Goodwill Ambassador” for Agatha Christie Ltd., where I study Agatha Christie’s life and work, write articles about her for the official website, and reach out to fans around the world.

 

Since 2004, I’ve been a contributing editor for Gilbert!, the magazine of the American Chesterton Society.  G.K. Chesterton is best known for his Father Brown mysteries, but he also wrote about every conceivable topic, from religion to politics to economics, and everything in-between.  Over the past sixteen years, I’ve written over two hundred fifty essays, critical reviews, and profiles for Gilbert!.  

 

Since 2015, I’ve worked as a DVD and book reviewer for Strand Magazine, reviewing crime books, TV shows, and movies.

 

My true crime articles and reviews have been published in various publications.  In recent years, I’ve published several Sherlock Holmes pastiches in multiple anthologies and mystery magazines, such as Mystery WeeklyThe MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories, and some anthologies by Belanger Books.

 

I’m also the author of the “Funderburke” mystery series, the saga of a private investigator and children’s rights activist who works for a school and assists students with various problems and crises.  The series has appeared in SERIAL Magazine, Akashic Books’ “Mondays Are Murder” webseries, and the BOULD Awards 2018 Short Story Anthology, and entries in the series have won Third Place in the BOULD Awards and been nominated for the Derringer Award for Flash Fiction.

 

My first full-length book, Sherlock & Irene: The Secret Truth Behind “A Scandal In Bohemia” will be published by MX Publishing in August.  

 

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

 

–Chris Chan



Chris Chan’s first book, Sherlock & Irene: The Secret Truth Behind “A Scandal in Bohemia” will be released on August 27th from MX Publishing, and is available for sale at Amazon.com and the MX Publishing website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment