Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!

 Happy New Year!

 

Happy New Year!  I hope that 2021 is off to a great start for everybody reading this!

 

2020 was… to put it mildly… rough for most of us.  I had my difficulties, but I want to focus on the positives now.  This has been my most successful year of writing and publishing yet.  

 

To start, my first full-length book Sherlock & Irene: The Secret Truth Behind “A Scandal in Bohemia” came out this summer, in both paperback and audiobook.  I’ve been brainstorming this book since I was a senior in college, and I finally fleshed it out enough to do this very intriguing premise justice.

 

Not only that, but I’ve had nine new stories and one reprint published in eight different anthologies this year.  I continue to have essays and reviews published in Strand Magazine and Gilbert!   

 

I’ve even gotten some awards news.  My true crime article “Someday the Truth Will Come Out: The Lemberger Family and the Murder that Stunned Wisconsin,” published in Sherlock Holmes Mystery Magazine, received the Honorable Mention for the Kay W. Levin Award for Short Nonfiction from the Council for Wisconsin Writers.  My short tale “The Six-Year-Old Serial Killer” tied for second place in the 2020 Derringer Awards for Best Flash Story, and I took Second Place in the “Wolfe’s World” category for The Wolfe Pack’s The Gazette Writing Competition for my novella “Time Trieth Truth: Why Nero Wolfe Misjudged St. Thomas More.”




 

Given some other news I’ve been saving, I’m hoping for the best with 2021.  I hope that everybody reading has similar success with their endeavors!

 

 

–Chris Chan



Chris Chan’s first book, Sherlock & Irene: The Secret Truth Behind “A Scandal in Bohemia” was released on August 27thfrom MX Publishing, and is available for sale at Amazon.com and the MX Publishing website, as well as at Book Depository (with free worldwide shipping there).  It is also available in a Kindle edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment