Friday, August 14, 2020

My Work for Strand Magazine

 My Work for Strand Magazine

 

The Strand is famous for being the original home of the Sherlock Holmes short stories, and the periodical still exists todayas a quarterly magazine publishing new crime fiction, long-lost stories by legendary authors, interviews with prominent figures in the mystery writing field, and reviews of new releases.



 

Since 2015, I’ve written reviews of books for The Strand, ranging from fiction to true crime to literary criticism, and even a cookbook based on the television series Hannibal.  I also cover reviews of crime TV shows and movies– the one prerequisite is that they must be released on DVD.

 

For the most part, I try to review works I enjoyed, though if I see a way that the work can be improved, I explain how.  I prefer to recommend works that I think will delight other readers and viewers rather than tear into stuff I despise, though you’ll find a takedown of a clunker here and there.

 

If you’re interested in finding something good to read or watch, take a look at my collected reviews here!

 

 

–Chris Chan

 

 

Chris Chan’s first book, Sherlock & Irene: The Secret Truth Behind “A Scandal in Bohemia” will be released on August 27th from MX Publishing, and is available for sale at Amazon.com and the MX Publishing website, as well as at Book Depository (with free worldwide shipping there).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment