Friday, March 19, 2021

Article Profile: “Did Solar Pons Inspire Saul Panzer?”

Article Profile: “Did Solar Pons Inspire Saul Panzer?”

 

As readers of this blog are no doubt aware, I’m a huge fan of Golden Age mysteries.  I love Sherlock Holmes stories.  I also really enjoy August Derleth’s pastiche of Sherlock Holmes, Solar Pons.  I’m also an enthusiastic reader of Rex Stout’s Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin mysteries.  

 

My book Sherlock & Irene illustrates that I play “The Great Game,” the critical thinking and analysis exercise where mystery tales are scrutinized for hidden secrets and logical conclusions.  There are many players of “The Great Game” who have found links between the Nero Wolfe and Sherlock Holmes universes, most notably theories about Wolfe’s parentage.  Could there be a link between the Nero Wolfe and Solar Pons worlds?  My article says “yes.”




 

The Pontine Dossier: Millennium Edition, Volume One Issue Two is available for sale in both a paperback and a Kindle edition.

 

–Chris Chan

 

 

Chris Chan’s first book, Sherlock & Irene: The Secret Truth Behind “A Scandal in Bohemia” was released on August 27thfrom MX Publishing, and is available for sale at Amazon.com and the MX Publishing website, as well as at Book Depository (with free worldwide shipping there).  It is also available in a Kindle edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment